Whatever your reason for shaving, using a reusable safety razor can help you achieve smooth and hairless skin. In fact, safety razors are good for the planet and your wallet, as well as providing you with a very close shave!
Now the razor of choice for both men and women, it can be daunting to use for the first time. So, to get you started, here are a few helpful tips on how to best use a reusable safety razor.
Using a Reusable Safety Razor
When your eco-friendly safety razor arrives, you will first need to attach the disposable blade. Just unscrew the razor head from the handle, add the new blade between the two top plates and screw the handle back on. It couldn’t be easier! You’ll find that the blade lasts around five shaves before needing to be replayed, though this does depend upon the volume and thickness of the hair being shaved.
Whether you shave in the bath, the shower or afterwards, we’re certain that you’ll find these tips help you achieve a great shave:
- Make sure your skin is wet and you have applied some sort of soap upon it. For the guys, our Shaving Soap is perfect for the face, and we recommend our Body Wash and Scrub for the girls.
- Wet the blade of your razor under some warm water.
- Be gentle! Your razor only needs the gentlest of pressure on your skin, with its weight being enough to do the job on its own.
- Keep the angle between your skin and the head as flat as possible initially, tilting the head slightly as it glides around contours on your skin.
- Shave with the grain of your hair, keeping your skin taut.
- Depending on the amount, thickness and type of hair, rinse the razor every one to three strokes.
- Rinse your skin with warm water to remove any soap or hair pieces, and pat dry with a towel. Dry your reusable razor and place somewhere dry and safe until needed again. While the razor itself won’t rust, the blade may become water damaged.
- Apply an After Shave Balm, Body Butter or gentle moisturiser onto your skin afterwards.
We’ve fallen in love with the practicality, ease of use and eco-friendliness of our reusable razors, and we’d love for you to experience them too! Available in rose gold and black finishes, the longevity of the razor means it will last for ages, with only razor blade refills needed to be purchased going forwards. Could shaving get any better? We don’t think so!